Thursday, April 2, 2009

Double Tonguing: Revisited


Hello Fellow Reading Mariacheros,

The mastery of double tonguing is essential for any Mariachi Trumpetero; without a solid foundation, of this technique, it may become difficult to replicate the aggressive, bright, and voluminous, trumpet sound (I speak briefly about double tonguing in my post regarding triple tongue--check post archive, for more info). 

My biggest goal, regarding double tonguing, is the eventual elimination of a muddy sounding execution of this technique; to be more specific, the first half of the double-tonguing, "tu," is great, but the "ku," or second half of my double-tonguing, is the main culprit of my current frustration. 

The 'Trail Solution:"

With the help of "Arbans," I am going to concentrate my studies on lesson numbers 91 through 99 of its method, in the Double-Tonguing section. 

Respecting the proper tempo signature, while utilizing a metronome, I am going to work toward the limit of the tempo. If I can get my double-tonguing to sound like a normal single-tongue attack, I'll be happy.

 


1 comment:

  1. Try the Clark manual. It has very similar exercises as the Arbans but is a better book.

    ReplyDelete